1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.voopy.com (our site) is operated and owned by Voopy Limited of 34B York Way, London, N1 9AB (“we, us or our”). We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting it.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (together with the documents referred to on it and the terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Voopy Limited of 34B York Way, London, N1 9AB.
We will only collect and process information about you in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. By using our site, you consent to such processing.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information about you such as your name, address and contact details when you enter a competition or prize-draw we may choose to operate.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· We or our agents on our behalf may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ visits to our site.
We may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone (or other portable or static device used to access our site) and your visit to our site, including where available your IP address, operating system, session_id, login, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners and if necessary our advertisers.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file and/or similar tools which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive to report back anonymous data to us. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Our site uses the following cookies:
3.1 Persistent cookies
These help our site remember your information and settings when you visit our site in the future. This result in faster and more convenient access since, for example, you don't have to login again.
Besides authentication, other features made possible by persistent cookies on our site may include: theme selection, menu preferences, internal site bookmarks or favourites, among many others.
3.2 Session cookies
These allow you to be recognized within our site so any page changes or item or data selection you do is remembered from page to page.
Session cookies are not used to gather information to advertise products or services to you.
Generally, cookies may be used to enable us:
· To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
· To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests and provide a more personalised experience to you.
· To speed up your searches.
· To recognise you when you return to our site.
Some third party cookies are set by services that appear on our site. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in our control. They are set by Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+ and other third party services and relate to the ability of users to share content on our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies, as explained below:
How to manage cookies
Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you want to learn more about cookies you can do so at www.allaboutcookies.org
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
· To fulfil our legal obligations and respond to litigation.
· To create non personally identifiable reports on the user interaction with our site.
6. HOW YOU CAN REMOVE, UPDATE OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION INCLUDING UNSUBSCRIBING FROM OUR NEWSLETTER
When you enter your email address into the newsletter icon and click the icon, you will be given the opportunity to enter a form and provide us with your details for us to contact you. We will then send you an email for you to confirm your subscription to the newsletter. If you wish to update, correct or delete your details or unsubscribe from our newsletter you can do so following the relevant icons and links in displayed our email to you.
If you wish us to delete your details from our records entirely, you will need to contact us at email@example.com as we will need to do this manually for you.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
· To our third party partners as part of providing the full functionality and services of our site to you and to allow them to provide you with details of their services and/or products which might be of interest to you.
Parts of the site are not aimed at Minors such as the facility of finding individuals which is restricted to registered users who are not Minors. You must only register an account with us or share personal information with us if you are not a Minor (the age of Minors is determined by local laws where you reside). That said if you are a Minor (unregistered user of our site) you will be able to search for sports club through Voopy Sport.
If you are over the age of 13 but under the age of 18 then you should have a parent or guardian review and approve these Terms and Conditions on your behalf prior to you using the site. You should be aware that parts of the site will be restricted to users 13-18 years old.
9. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies only to information collected by us on our site. The site may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy and cookies policies of such other websites and we would advise you to read the privacy and cookies policy of other websites that collects your personal information.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy, the practices of our site or your dealings with our site you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.
|About||Contact||Press||User Reference||The Voopy Group|